Mysore is the International capital of 'Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga'. Mysore has produced great teachers like Sri T Krishnamacharya. K Pattabi Jois, B N S Iyengar, Desikachary and BKS Iyengar are the followers of Sri T Krishnamacharya. These teachers were the first generation of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga practitioners known in the last century.
Chidananda was initiated into yoga by his father Sri S V VENKATESHAIAH who himself is an accomplished yoga teacher. Sri Chidananda has been practicing yoga from last 27 years under the guidance of his father Sri S V VENKATESHAIAH and Shankar Narayan Jois and Guru BNS Iyengar who is a disciple of Sri T Krishnamacharya. He began his practice at the age of 8 and has competed in state and national level programmes been awarded various prices for it. He also has been facilitated twice as 'Best Sports Man' of the year for his yoga practice discipline, by the Mysore State Independence Committee. He Completed his Graduation in Bachelor of Science (B Sc) through Mysore University.
He began his teaching career in yoga at 16. His experience and deep understanding about postures has lead many students to practice proper asana and learn right posture without any physical injury.
He is a good teacher and his greatness lies in his dreams for others, his students. He can inspire the most ordinary learners. He explains and makes student to understand the proper alignment of postures and stresses on the fact that while practicing Ashtanga yoga, asana movement is not just enough but the breathing sequence is important.
Following are the few of his Achievements in Yogasana:
- 2nd place in Declamation competition in Sixteenth National Yoga Championship at Davangere (Karnataka) in the year 1991-92.
- 5th place in Sixteenth National Yoga Championship at Advancer (Karnataka) in the year 1991-92.
- 3rd place in International Krishna yoga Association in the year 1993.
- 5th place in International Yogasana Federation Cup Yoga CompetitionIn 1991.
- 1st place in 3rd State Junior Yogasana Championship in the year 1991.
- 2nd place in State Level Yoga Competition held in Ashtanga Yoga Kendra nanjungud in the Year 1992.
- 3rd place in 2nd South zone Yogasana Championship in the year 1991In Benglure.
- 2nd place in 1st State non-medalist Yogasana Competition in the year1991 in Mysore.
- 1st place in 1st state senior yogasana Competition in the year 1991 inMysore.
- 3rd place in 16th Karnataka Yoga Championship in the year 1996 inGadag.
- 2nd place in 6th National TAE Kwon Do Championship 1992 in Mysore.